The third evolution of Distel aluminium climbers comes with a newly designed, hot-forged shank.
Velcro fastening on the leg and Velcro straps on the feet.
- Long and short gaffs are available
- Velcro strap (foot)
- Aluminium shank
- Velcro Strap (leg)
Distel Alu 3 Shank
The third evolution of Distel aluminium climbers comes with a newly designed, hot-forged shank:
- 10% lighter, 50 grams each, than the previous version realized by optimized cross-section and using a stronger alloy.
- Anti-slip ribs on the bottom of the stirrup and 3-dimensional forging details.
- Blasted surface for highest possible bending fatigue strength together with a scratch-resistant black polymer anodization results in a satin matt finish.
The 2020 pad for all Distel climbers features the following improvements:
- Additional padding for the shin and calf is provided with a foam plate that is 50% larger. The 2020 pad encloses almost the entire leg.
- An optimal fit in the shell and ultimately on the user’s leg is achieved by a grid structure of the pad.
- The grid structure leads to a punctual pressure distribution, which gives the user an increased subjective feeling of comfort.
- Increased thickness of the foam by 2 cm.
Gaffs with black PTFE coating
PTFE is widely known as a highly engineered plastic that dramatically reduces friction and breakaway moments, such as in aluminium pans:
- Easier release of the gaff from the wood saves effort and stress.