The heavy-duty version of the 25kN Boa looks very similar but is hot forged from 14mm rather than 12mm bar to give it the 30kN major axis rating required for rescue loads. The massive curved basket copes with even the busiest rigging set up and still allows devices to settle comfortably. The impressive size and ergonomics ensure it can be operated by even the largest hands with the chunkiest of gloves.
- Locksafe - three-way carabiner.
- Approved to EN362:2004/B
- A large HMS shape provides increased internal volume and gate clearance.
- I-Beam section for increased strength-to-weight ratio.
- Keylock clean nose and fully heat-treated aluminium for lightness and maximum strength.
- Anodised to BS EN 7599:2010 AA10
- Sealed for corrosion protection.
- Recommended as a belaying carabiner in conjunction with dynamic nylon ropes.
- Individually marked for traceability.
- Length - 120mm x 81mm.
- Weight - 86g.
- Gate opening - 24mm.
- Strength - 30kN.
- Made in Wales, UK.
Locksafe & Locksafe ANSI
The classic triple-action, locking mechanism. The Locksafe is almost as simple to use as the Kwiklock, requiring just one extra push-up action of the barrel before the twist, but when locked gives even better protection from accidental opening. This is especially important in situations requiring complex, rope-running systems. A rope under tension may run transversely over other locking mechanisms exposing them to the risk of unlocking. The addition of the third required action dramatically reduces the likelihood of the same rope opening the Locksafe.Top Tip: Keep all Lock safes clean and properly maintained to increase longevity in use.