The CHICANE auxiliary braking device allows the ZIGZAG and the ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical prusiks to be used on single ropes. It provides continuous additional friction on descents. The excellent compatibility of the CHICANE and mechanical Prusik as an assembled unit ensures smooth rope glide through the brake during ascents. The ergonomic handle provides excellent grip and facilitates movement while limb walking. Thanks to the openable side plate, installation is quick and easy.
Due to the design, a Petzl OK or AM'D (new H cross-section design only) carabiner must be used as the Chicane locks the carabiner into place to prevent it from rotating.
- Allows ZIGZAG and ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical Prusiks to be used on single ropes: - continuous additional braking action, thanks to the added friction of the two friction pins - the Petzl Am'D or OK carabiner (new design) must be used (not included). The H-shaped cross-section of the connector, together with the positioning ring of the mechanical Prusik, make the CHICANE and mechanical Prusik a compatible unit that ensures smooth rope glide through the brake during ascents - ergonomic handle facilitates movement while limb walking
- Easy installation: - openable side plate for quick and easy installation on the rope - triple-action unlocking limits risk of accidentally opening the side plate - connects on the upper hole of the mechanical Prusik
- Optimized durability, thanks to the two friction pins, available as spare parts
- CHICANE allows the user to work in compliance with the ANSI Z133 standard
- Material(s): aluminium, steel, nylon
- Weight: 255 g
- Min. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 13 mm
- Rope compatibility: EN 1891 type A low stretch kernmantel ropes
- Working load limit: 140 kg
- Certification(s): CE