ART's patented friction saver concept has a prominent name: Ropeguide. The name says it all. Smooth rope work and special care for the cambium join forces in this outstanding device. The Ropeguide 2010 combines the best features of his predecessors with the fascinating results of ongoing research: It is very light, can take on even bigger loads and at the same time offers even more safety.
- One-of-a-kind ring: Features only 50 per cent of a solid ring's weight with rounded outline and still achieves comparable stability as well as much enhanced safety. Idea and solution are typical for ART products: The ring comes with a tube design replacing a messy construction. The rope now runs protected within the tube-shaped ring and it might sound strange but it is true: The rope enhances the breaking strength of the ring and vice versa! Perfect symbiosis: less weight, better breaking strength plus doubled safety, since the loop running to the pulley is attached to the ring as well as to the rope sling.
- Friction saver's contact surface: Neither rope nor loop but an 8mm parallels sewn double rope makes for the new Ropeguide 2010 contact surface. This combines the advantages of rope and loop: great abrasion resistance, the wide contact surface and higher tensile strength because of the tube-shaped ring design.
- Fender: Right behind the tube-shaped ring there is now a small 'fender' built-in. The fender allows for the ring to align vertically when pulled from a forked branch, which makes for an easy gliding even through smaller forks.
- Release lever: The longer lever now allows for an easy release of the locking cam when pulled, as with the Positioner 2. This makes retrieving even easier and more reliable.
- Spring-loaded cam: This feature prevents the rope from accidental sliding.
- Proven features remain the same: The Zip-Absorber-1 enhances safety as a built-in 'airbag'.
ROPE GUIDE 2010 features:
- Integrated Zip-Absorber-1
- Continuously adjustable length
- Can be combined with Doublesnapper-3
- Easy 'lifting' of the pulley with climbing rope installed
- Optimized 'choking' mode based on spring-loaded cam
- Automatic blocking without slippage
- Easy adjustment even after heavy loads
- Top safety and loading capacity based on tunnel-shaped ring and rope combined
- Optimised retrieving of ring based on the integrated fender
- Optimised releasing of false crutch based on the use of release lever
- Low kink friction saver supplies great width and abrasion resistance by parallel sewn 8 mm polyamide rope.
The service life of ROPE GUIDE 2010 metal parts is 10 years!