The ISC STRYDER Foot Ascender has been designed following extensive feedback from many industry users. During the development of the STRYDER, durability and functionality were at the top of the priority list! The STRYDER utilises tried & tested geometry, to provide a smooth upward movement and positive engagement on the rope.
Features & Benefits
Cam-face & Spring Tension
- STRYDER utilises the same unique Stainless Steel cam used in our Hand Ascender. The coned cam-face allows positive engagement on the rope for a firm and reliable grip, with minimal wear to the sheath. Great engineering attention was placed on the spring, which has been meticulously trialled to ensure that it offered sufficient tension (so as not to easily ‘pop-off’), but still allow the device to move freely upwards without towing the trailing rope.
Foot-operable Cam Lever:
- The foot-operable cam lever can be used to easily open and close (engage/disengage) the cam. The cam lever can also be hooked over the body of the device (see photo above), to hold the cam in the open (disengaged) position.
Removable Cam Lever:
- The foot lever can also be removed, by removing an Allen Screw, should the user prefer. Removing the foot lever allows a greater range of pivot of the cam. This in turn allows the user to deliberately remove the rope from the device, by using a kick technique, with only the leg that the device is mounted on.
- The STRYDER mounting strap and protective under-foot sleeve are made from a specifically developed webbing, which has undergone extensive abrasion testing and field tests have shown superior durability in harsh conditions.
- Fully Adjustable:
- The STRYDER is fully adjustable on both the horizontal and vertical straps, allowing the user to position the cam body on the boot, according to preference. Creep-free Webbing: The combination of the webbing design and the design of the mounting slots & buckles ensure that once adjusted to the desired position, (using the horizontal and vertical adjustment buckles), the STRYDER should remain in position throughout use.
- Easy to Fit/Remove:
- The main Strap buckle is tightened by firmly pulling the webbing strap, and is released by pulling the toggle upwards in a one-handed action. The special design of the anti-slip buckle prevents unwanted strap loosening, during use.
||Red and Grey
|Rope Size (mm)
||8 - 13