Kelly Kettle Stainless Steel All Sizes
- The Kelly Kettle is a simple cooking system which will allow you to boil water in the harshest conditions.
- TREKKER = 0.6 litres
- SCOUT = 1.2 litres
- BASE CAMP = 1.6 litres
A highly efficient Stainless Steel Outdoor camp Kettle (the fire base is also stainless steel) which is suitable for Trekkers, Hikers, Kayakers, Backpackers, Bikers, and all outdoors enthusiasts who need to keep their pack light.
Also suitable for Car Camping and Wilderness Survival Kits / Disaster Kits.
This lightweight Kelly Kettle fits neatly into a Rucksack or Backpack.
As there is no need to carry fuel, these kettles will keep your pack light and save you money at the same time - never worry about running out of fuel again! Using any naturally occurring solid fuel (sticks, pine cones, dry camel dung! etc.) this kettle will operate perfectly well, even in a storm and will bring water to a rolling boil within a matter of minutes.
If more hot water is required simply refill the kettle and place it back on the fire base and refuel the chimney again. The kettle will be boiled again within a matter of minutes where water can be used for more hot drinks, boil-in-the-bag, bathing, washing up, etc. A wonderful piece of camping equipment.
Please note Base camp now come with green whistle instead of orange stopper, picture shows orange stopper.
Scout - NEW MODEL, NO RIVETS
- Height .......27cm / 10.6 inches (Packed)
- Diameter....14cm / 5.5 inches
- Weight.......1.64lb / 0.74kg
- Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as standard with each kettle
- Height .......28cm / 11inches (Packed)
- Diameter...18.5cm / 7.3inchs (widest point at rim of base)
- Capacity....1.2 Ltr
- Weight......0.8 Kg / 1.76lb
- Fire Base & Drawstring carrying bag are included as standard with each kettle.
- Height.......... 34cm / 13inchs (kettle excl. box)
- Diameter...... 18.7cm / 7.4inchs (widest point at rim of base)
- Capacity....... 1.6 Ltr
- Weight......... 2.6lbs / 1.18kg (Kettle & base on its own)
- Weight......... 3.2lbs / 1.45kg in packaging.
- Fire Base & Drawstring bag are included as standard with each kettle.
Stainless Steel Vs Aluminium
- For decades Kelly Kettles were made from Aluminium, and these kettles have been known to last for literally decades! However, in recent years there has been significant demand, primarily from the North American market, for a Stainless Steel version of our kettle. Hence, we developed and introduced the steel model of 'Base Camp' kettle in early 2009.
- Stainless Steel is slightly heavier than Aluminium however; it is a stronger metal and therefore more resilient to dents.
- The Aluminium kettle boils slightly faster than its steel twin as Aluminium conducts heat faster than steel.
- The Aluminium kettle is cheaper than its Stainless Steel twin.
- Stainless Steel kettles should be dried off and stored in a Dry location to prolong the life of the kettle. There is no need to dry off Aluminium kettles and they require very little care - aluminium kettles have been known to literally, last a lifetime.
- There should be no 'taste' of either metal.
- Note: If you were considering doing a lot of cooking on the fire base, then the Stainless Steel Kettle is the best option. The Steel kettles come with a steel base which is more suitable to cooking than the aluminium base, as Steel has a melting point almost twice that of Aluminium. We already have Stainless Steel Cook sets available which are designed to fit inside the steel bases for transport and we will be launching a new 'Steel 'Hobo Stove' attachment in late 2012 which will make cooking on the fire base even easier!
That’s it really…..the choice is yours!