The lightest high performance saw in the 70cc cubic capacity class.
- The new MS 462 C-M features STIHL M-Tronic, a fully electronic controlled ignition timing and fuel metering system.
- This modern, low vibration and high-performance saw are simple to start and operate by automatically adjusting to the conditions you are working in.
- The M-Tronic system even remembers your settings from the last time you used the tool for quick and easy use.
- Optimised power to weight ratio.
- HD2 Filter
- Very low vibration levels. Up to 20% less fuel consumption and 50% fewer emissions compared to conventional two-stroke engines without 2-MIX technology.
|Weight kg 1)
|Power-to-weight ratio kg/kW
|Power output kW/bhp
|Recomm. max. bar length cm
|Vibration levels left/right m/s² 2)
|Oilomatic saw chain pitch/type
||3/8" Rapid Super Comfort
|Sound power level dB(A) 3)
|Sound pressure level dB(A) 3)
1) without bar/chain
2) (K) factor according to Dir. 2006/42/EC = 2m/s²
3) Power factor according to DIR2006/42/EC=2.5(dB(A))
STIHL M-Tronic (M)
Fully electronic controlled ignition timing and fuel metering system. The engine management STIHL M-Tronic (M) system ensures optimum engine performance, constant maximum speed and excellent acceleration. Manual carburettor adjustments are not necessary.
The newly developed HD2 filter is made from polyethene filter material with up to 70% finer pores than fleece and polyamide filters to trap even very fine dust. In addition, it is oil and water-repellent and thus very easy to clean. The PET-covered round filter cartridge with quick-release lock enables the filter to be assembled and disassembled in next to no time, without using tools.
Reduced-emission engine technology
2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
Advanced combustion technology
Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.